IgangaLocalNews

IGANGA: UMEME in Trouble After Live Hanging Wire Kills 22 Year Old Woman

By Solomon Hamala

 

IGANGA

 

Shock and fear gripped residents of Nkono zone, Iganga municipality when a 22 year old woman was electrocuted after accidentally touching a live wire.

 

The deceased Rose Basiikira died instantly yesterday, 24th November, 2022 after touching a live wire while hanging clothes.

 

Residents rushed to the scene after sighting the deceased fall down but were restrained from accessing the scene for fear of causing more fatalities.

 

The body of the deceased was rushed to Iganga main hospital after the incident.

 

The police spokesman East Busoga, Diana Nandawula said investigations are underway establish how UMEME officials left the wire hanging near the main house.

Back to top button