Iryn Namubiru dedicates life to Christ, starts sharing verses


The Lake Victoria awful horror of the boat accident could become the spiritual turning point of the Ugandan songbird Iryn Namubiru who by Gods grace survived the accident and miraculously left water unharmed.

Ever since the incident happened on Saturday, Iryn Namubiru is getting closer to God more than ever as evidenced by the way she writes acknowledging God’s great power and his protection towards her plus telling her followers about God’s greatness.

Iryn Namubiru has gone ahead to share even biblical verses and scriptures on her social media profiles depicting her great dedication to Jesus Christ as her savior. She shared the verse from Psalms 139 showing how God is everywhere in Heaven, in her bed and even in the sea ready to hold her hand.

“Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me” Psalms 139:7-10.

The verse was first shared by the first daughter Natasha Museveni Karugire and Iryn found it relevant in her renewed life with Christ and decided to re-share it to her fans.

Earlier Namubiru had posted on her facebook page saying the night before the ill fated Saturday she had failed to sleep and resorted to prayers.

On Friday night, I tried to sleep. I could not. There is a born again church nearby and they started praying very early and never stopped. I could hear the speakers, you know, the boom and bang and they would pray. I could not do anything. Instead of getting annoyed, I just stood up and started praying with the people from the church. I slept at around 5 in the morning.” She posted something that seems to drive her even closer to God.

Moreover even after reaching Ggaba where they were to board the boat, she attempted thrice to abort the journey but was always pulled back by her friend, Hope Mukasa who fortunately also survived.

The day before, my driver got in a terrible accident and was in hospital, so I had been there and promised to go back. Now, come Saturday morning, I get a call at 9am telling me that they were being discharged and i should go to the hospital.

So I went to Nsambya Hospital at around 10:00am and I left midday. They were still not ready to leave. On my way back home, I passed by my saloon for a pedicure in Lubowa.