-Advertisement-
LocalNews

NRM MP Aspirant Tastes Police’s Dose With Rally Being Blocked

eastnews.co.ug

By John Ogulei

 

SERERE

 

Police in Serere District on Tuesday evening blocked NRM’s flag bearer from holding what they called an illegal campaign rally.

 

Philip Oucor was blocked from speaking to his supporters in the Kateta Sub County after he allegedly violated the Electoral Commission guidelines.

 

Oucor according to the Officer in Charge Serere Police station, Edgar Kaweesi wasn’t scheduled to hold a rally in Kateta Sub County.

 

Kaweesi said he was not going to allow Ouchor to address supporters unless he harmonises his campaign program with electoral commission.

 

According to the program seen by our reporter Ouchor was scheduled to speak to his voters of Olio not Kateta.

 

However the defiant Ouchor managed later on to beat the heavy security to address a rally in Nananga Parish where he pledged to improve on the institutional infrastructure in the county.

 

Oucor had earlier clashed with and Independent candidate, Eng. Martine Ongurucho with both claiming the right to address supporters in Kateta Sub County.

 

According to the Electoral Commission campaign program, Oucor was expected in  Kateta on 19th, 21st and 27th November and on 30th November was expected in Olio Sub County while Ongurucho was expected to conduct his rallies in Kateta sub county.

 

Speaking to our reporter, Martin Ongurucho said what the NRM’s Oucor did was a disgrace to the Democracy of the country.

 

He said, the campaign schedule indicated that he was supposed to be in Abongobong Trading centre where Oucor had already erected his tents.

 

“This one is total disgrace to the democracy of this country. Am now going to electoral commission to petition and if they don’t come to my rescue I might be forced to withdraw,” said Ongurucho.

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button