One of the bodies was discovered dumped in a sugarcane plantation in Bugombo village, Buwunga sub county by locals who later alerted police.
The decomposing body of the 35 year old man identified as Stephen Wangandya a resident of Bugombo village bore deep cuts on the head with both hands tied onto by a rope.
According to a resident who preferred anonymity, the deceased was last week sighted moving towards the direction of Bugiri town with three men at around 8.30 p.m.
The source said the deceased and the three men had earlier drunk the local brew, Malwa with the three men at Mama Andrews joint before heading towards Bugiri town later in the night.
The widow, Jane Kagoya said her husband was last seen on the same day before disappearing only to be discovered yesterday Wednesday, 3rd March 2021 rotting in the sugar cane plantation.
“Some people have always been complaining of a stench coming from the direction of the sugarcane plantation but we thought it was a dead dog,” she said.
Kagoya said the deceased had always accused two of his friends she declined to identify of forcefully trying to sell off his ten acres of land located in Magoola village to an investor a move he had tried to object.
“Am ready to provide evidence to this effect so that people responsible for the murder of my husband are arrested and charged before courts of law,” she
The second body of an unidentified man probably in his late 40s was
discovered dumped in a sugar cane plantation in Butayable village Nabukalu Sub county.
The body of the deceased dressed in a black coat and pair of jeans trousers was discovered by a cattle keeper who later raised an alarm that attracted locals to the scene.
A hammer and big stone lay besides the dead body of the deceased that lacked identification documents.
Both bodies were by press time taken to Bugiri hospital mortuary awaiting to be claimed by relatives.
The district police commander Bugiri, Jeff Sebuyungo urged anyone with a missing relative to report to Bugiri hospital mortuary to identify the bodies.
Sebuyungo said investigations are underway thto stablishee people responsible for carrying out the two murders.