LocalNews

Two Months Old Baby Burns to Ashes Inside House

By Weswa Ronnie

 

MABLE CITY

 

Police in Mbale have started investigating circumstances under which a two months old baby got burnt to ash inside a house.

 

The incident happened yesterday 14th September, 2022 at Wagagi Cell, Nkoma Ward, Northern City Division in Mbale City.

 

According to Rogers Taitika, the Elgon region spokesperson, the baby was burnt inside the house when the parents had gone to work leaving him alone in the house.

 

He adds that it was neighbors who saw the smoke and flame in the house and made an alarm which attracted people who came with water to put it off although the kid had already been burnt to death.

 

Taitika also urged parents not to leave children inside houses alone without another person as a way of preventing such incidences from happening again.

 

Bruno Wabulakha, the father of the deceased, says the fire could have been triggered by an electric short circuit.

 

By press time, police had taken the body to Mbale city mortuary for postmortem.

Back to top button