By Wetondo Denis Julius
The Ministry of Internal Affairs has commissioned the Eastern Region Passport registration office.
While commissioning the office at the Regional Administration Block in Mbale City on Friday 11th June 14, 2021, Nelson Namanya, the Commissioner of Citizen and Passport Controller under the Ministry Of Internal Affairs said the purpose of giving the eastern region a branch is to extend services nearer to people.
Namanya said that people have been moving long distances to Kampala before getting passport services and other relevant travel documents usually ending up being cheated by middlemen.
Nabimanya also says that the office is going to serve people from the whole eastern region, urging them to use it well.
Pamela Watuwa, the RCC of Mbale City also urged the locals in Mbale and the eastern region at large to desist from dealing with middlemen but go directly to the offices and get their documents.
Regional Immigration Offices act as passport Application Collection Centers, where you can take your passport application for processing and then you collect a ready Passport.
Other centers are Jinja, Masaka, Fort Portal, Arua, Hoima, Masindi, Gulu and Lira.
Requirements And Procedure For New Passport
- 3 Colored Passport size photographs with a white back ground.
- Recommender who must attach a copy of their National ID
- Applicant must attach a copy of National ID or National Identification Number
- Attach copies of academic documents for proof of profession(where applicable)
- Attach proof of payment of prescribed fees
- Attach a copy of birth certificate, adoption order consent letter from parents/guardians in case of minors
- Attach any other information that may be relevant to the application
- When the passport is ready, the applicant will be alerted to proceed and pick up their passport.
- Attach bank payment receipt.
Ordinary Passports cost 250,000ugx while Express Passports cost 400,000ugx.